Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Funny Story!

So about 12 days ago, Thursday around 10 am to be exact, I was looking through my emails and project notices that I can submit myself to when I came across one that read something like this. Seeking real people, not actors, that fit these descriptions. Lab Technicians, Teachers, Environmental Bloggers and real blue collar/construction workers. At this point a little light bulb went on, so I yelled for Aliyah to ask her if she had a picture of daddy that we could use. Then I remembered that we had a couple of pictures in our computer file. So I tell her, "babe, I'm gonna submit daddy for this". So I do, not really thinking anything of it because after all, this is a SAG National and well only experienced actors like me get these (riiiight) so I didn't' think anything of it, so much so that I didn't even tell Jeremiah that I had submitted him.

Later that day, I get a call from him asking me "who is this lady calling me asking if I want to audition". Oopsy! So I explained myself and to make a long story shorter, he auditioned and the feedback he received was pretty positive. The funny part of the story is that when I audition, most of the time I'm a bit of a mess after. I make sure I have my phone with me at all times waiting to see if I'm gonna book it. You begin to question your talent, and if you really did good or you're just telling yourself that. Well, every time I go through this Jeremiah tells me don't worry, stop thinking about it, basically leave it at the door and move on. So you think Mr. Figueroa would heed his own advice. Wrong! He was a mess people, calling me and texting me to ask me why they hadn't called him. He was nervous waiting for the phone to potentially ring. I laughed and gave Jesus a big thank you for allowing him to feel what I feel and go through what I go through. Sweet poetic justice. By the way, He promised me that he would never tell me that again.

So what happened you ask. Well, the kid booked a SAG National!! Yes, he booked it. He got the call today and just about keeled over. I am so excited and so proud of him. You need to understand, in my eyes he can do anything, he is my Superman and today he proved that to me once again.

*I will be supersizing this picture and hanging it over my mantle because it's the one that booked this thing!!*




5 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so proud of him! Dinner... on him. Ya know, because he has an evento coming up ;) Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool!! Congrats Jeremiah! And, way to go Jacky...you're a good wifey!

    -j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive. We knew he had some style and a great look, but wow... I want to invite myself and Michelle to the dinner that Bianca just decided he was paying for. Booking a national campaign has got to have some good $! j/k

    We are proud of the both of you. Congratulations! Feel free to submit a pic of Mekiah ;). We could totally use a good steak dinner.

    We miss you guys and want to hang soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. B, don't tell him it's an evento bc then im gonna have to buy him a new outfit!
    J, thanks for your bloglove, totally appreciate you taking the time to comment, I love reading them. Thanks xx
    Nader, You are in!! Taco bell for everyone! As soon as a listing for etrade comes up, I'll totally submit Mekiah. They need a cute new dancing, talking baby!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG....wow my lil brother, a star!!! :) Who would have thought, from carpenter to actor. I am so happy!!!! I really want to make fun of him and say how did he do it?????? but I know the reality you did it for him; once again I will give you the credit, you are a great wife! In all seriousness I will pray for him and I'm excited for both of you. Lots of love patricia

    ReplyDelete