Sunday, August 29, 2010

And the Emmy goes to...


Ok, so I think I can officially say that New York is not happening but while that was NOT happening something else was. I think it was back in April that I had auditioned for a commercial, I think I even had a callback but didn't hear anything after that. Until last Friday that is. I got a call saying that I was put on avail and the next day I was told that I had booked the job. So basically while I was sitting there waiting for New York to happen, or not, there was something else brewing. I'm going to be honest, it's no New York but like I've said before the fact that I continue to audition and book gigs is definitely good enough for me.

So that being said, on Thursday I had the privilege of being on set with a totally cool crew of ladies, sitting around for 10 hours to literally shoot our parts in 10 minutes! The fact that neither of us went nutso was a total miracle. The fact that I sat around for 10 hours and totally enjoyed and appreciated every minute of it was even a bigger miracle. I realized that I absolutley love doing this and the fact I get to see it begin to unravel and come to fruition is a total blessing and quite surreal if I do say so myself.

So am I bummed about NY, ummm, not really, seriously! I just want to keep working, I want to work my way up, I want to continue to learn and soak in every second of it so that when NY, or a SAG National or the Emmy's do happen (I'm watching the Emmy's so I thought I'd just throw that in there) It'll be that much sweeter. Then I'll be able to stand at the mic and thank all the little people that made this all possible ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love your spirit. I love that you know that God has a plan for you & that if its God will, N.Y.C. will happen in His timing. My hubby babe likes to say: "Ever wonder how God doesn't own a watch, but He's always on time?" I think that's so true, He is always right on time.

    Praising Jesus with you & Rejoicing for this new gig you wrapped. Looking forward to hearing all about it in your next blog??

    Love you! The commentblogger ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great attitude Jackie! :) Keep putting feet to your faith and working for God's glory...His plan will continue to unfold right before your very eyes! :)

    -j

    ReplyDelete