Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hold on for the ride :)

Still haven't figured out why I had to cancel a gig for an audition that I didn't end up booking but I guess It's not for me to try and figure out. I thought it would pan out clearly, of course, and I would be able to tell you exactly why that happened. Well that is not the case.

Anyway, I had an audition today. I gotta say I was pretty excited, it was a SAG National for an Italian Restaurat Chain :) Now SAG national my friends is what every actor loves to hear. It's like music to one's ears. Most commercial work is a buyout, they'll pay you once for the job and that's it. Well not a SAG national, that would be the gift that keeps on giving, over an over, each and every time that beauty shows on your telli.

The audition was a bit tortuous. Two hours of waiting, which is fine if everybody has to wait that long but when people that came in way after you are going before you that could drive anyone mad. I'm not gonna lie, it kind of did. Needless to say when I left I was a bit of a mess. My emotions were all over the map.
-"Should I keep doing this?"
-"Why am I doing this?"
-"Lord, where are you?"
So just as I was contemplating my future and sorting through an array of career options, professional quilt maker, pool lady, dog trainer, I get an email that I have another audition tomorrow. All I could do was laugh at myself. It was an instant answer from Jesus telling me "I got this, I AM your Pilot on this magic carpet ride. So chill".

p.s. I'm shooting a print ad for a shipping company on friday. yay!
p.s.s. Still haven't gotten my hands on the supervalu commercial.









2 comments:

  1. Proud of you Jacky! Keep putting feet to your faith!! With Jesus...you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold on Aladdin for the ride! Praying for you~

    ReplyDelete