Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Commercial Forecast :)

Three Tuesdays ago today I was on the set of a Supervalu commercial in good ol' Pasadena, Ca. I didn't really know what to expect but judging from the amazing clothes I had to choose from at the fitting, I knew it was going to be good. And by golly I was not disappointed.

I arrived to our checkpoint, jumped in a van and was off to my destination. I was in awe as we were driving through the neighborhood, it was one beautiful sprawling mansion after another. Honestly, I just couldn't believe I was there. So, I get dropped off at hair & makeup, get into my beautiful Anthropologie dress, meet up with my "family" and hang out at craft services which was conveniently located on the beautiful lawn of the home we're filming at. Rough, I know!!

After about one hour of shooting some backyard scenes it was time for lunch. This wasn't no ordinary lunch. Cast and crew all walked to the house next door and as I turned the corner it was like they had set up for a party in yet another beautiful front lawn. I was happy, I was sooo happy. I was on the set of a commercial, with delicous food, with a great group of actors. I did not care that most of the day was spent waiting for our turn. I did not care that it was sooo cold and I was wearing a dress. I did not care that it took about 10 hours. I sat and waited (and ate) and counted my blessings. I soaked up every second because I love doing this but I'm not gonna lie, it's tough booking a gig. Let's just say it's not raining commercials out there, you know what I mean?? Right now it's drizzling, but Lord willing soon It'll be pouring!! Amen?? Amen!!

And here is Gia, my tv daughter, we had a blast!! Watch out for her, she's a cutie!!
p.s. I went on an audition on Friday. I'm praying for a callback, so hopefully my phone rings tomorrow because the callback is Thursday!!
*as soon as I get my hands on the commercial, I'll post it*





5 comments:

  1. A blog? WOOHOO!!! And a picture? WOOHOOOOOOOOO!

    I'm proud of you. Do what you do best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie ♥ Praying the Lord showers you with many commercials Hermana.

    P.s. Your tv daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN! ;) Keep blogging and working the auditions...we'll keep praying! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ladies are theee best!! Thanks for the love and prayers!! It means the world to me!! xx J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep believing amiga! Will keep praying! Love you! Jacqui ;)~

    ReplyDelete