Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dream big or go home!!

Ok. Gonna try to make this quick, good luck to me. About two weeks ago I had an audition, the call back came and went and my phone did not ring. No biggie, on to the next one. Well there hadn't been a next as of this Wednesday so I was super stoked when I got an email asking if I wanted to be a selected extra for that same project. It paid about 1/38th of what the feature role paid but I didn't care, bottom line, I wanted to work. So I accepted it in a heartbeat. Then to add to the greatness I get a call that I could possibly be selected to be in the print campaign. Sweet, I was gonna get paid!! Needless to say I was super excited. For a couple of reasons. One, it came totally out of the blue. Two, I thought because I wasn't being a diva and took the job regardless of the pay that I was being blessed with the print campaign. Basically I was patting myself on the back for my "goodness". errrr, no! That's not how Jesus works. Three, I felt like it was all starting to come together. My dream is slowly coming to fruition. I was excited, I was feeling good, then... I get ANOTHER email that I had an audition the next day!! What??!!! I was thanking Jesus left and right. I couldn't believe it, when it rains blessings it pours. And----end scene.
Let me break it down to make this go by quicker:
1. Get the call to be an extra on Thur & Fri and possible print campaign. Score!
2. Get an audition for Thur. Score! so I thought.
3. Conflict! Audition can't be moved to accomodate my work as an extra.
4. I have to cancel my extra gig for this audition. I have to cancel a for sure thing for a chance at maybe getting this other job.
And 5. I was super bummed!!
MY plan of how it was all supposed to happen, failed! Woe to me! Then a thought came to my mind. I think my plan is perfect and the greatest that ever was and God is chuckling at how little I dream. I feel like He's telling me, "really, that's all you got"? "My thoughts are not your thoughts neither are my ways your ways." (Isaiah 55) Bottom line, He has a way better plan for me, one that I can not even fathom. FIN!



5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart and reminding me that it ain't how we want and we want, it's all his timing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thank you Jackie. God is so good! Congrats on your audition! How did it go?

    Gods plans are always going to be better.
    For me, 4yrs ago; He has blessed me by being a stay at home mami. Recently though, a desire has risen within my heart for me to return bk to some part time work only, but I am diligently seeking His will. If its aligned w/ my deisre then cool! If its not - ever cooler! Daddy knows best!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I wasn't gonna show you love because you were hating on the Lakers last night, but alas, I love you so I wanted to comment :)

    I'm proud of you. Hard things are called hard for a reason. The payoff is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continue to dream big! Continue to put feet to your faith! Continue to audition! Continue to fail, succeed, repeat as needed, etc. Continue to blog about your journey so we may see the glory of God!

    We will continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok. why do I have the best gal pals ever!! You guys are awesome.
    Seriously, it may sound cheesey but your prayers and words of encouragement make me keep going. The fact that not only do you read the blog but you actually take the time to leave comments that's amazing,it means the world to me.

    Liz I think it went well, but you never know. I had to be paired with a husband and two kids. So basically It's if I match with the kids that did good. So you never know.

    B- Let me clarify. I wasn't hating on the Lakers, I just can not stand Kobe and Gasol. They drive me zonkers!!! Other than that deep in my heart I like them a little bit ;)

    ReplyDelete